ADSM-L

Re: lost my files

1999-06-04 05:37:31
Subject: Re: lost my files
From: "Dhanoa, Jasdayal Singh" <jasdayal.dhanoa AT WCOM.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:37:31 +0100
Sometime in Dec, I had a mgmt class (BACKUP) with the retonly limit set to
3650. I then introduced another mgmt class (LEGAL) with a retonly limit set
to 3650 and changed the BACKUP mgmt class retonly limit to 180. I inserted a
line in the include/exlcude file
        /ama/.../* LEGAL
All the files under /ama appeared to be rebound to the LEGAL mgmt class.
However, on trying to recover files older than 180 days, I found that they
were not there and some are still bound to the BACKUP mgmt class. Why is
this ?

Current AIX Server ver - 3.1.2.20
            AIX Client ver - 3.1.0.6

December AIX server ver 3.1.2.0