ADSM-L

Re: Battle stories from backing up Macintoshes and Novell NetWare 3.x?

1999-06-01 09:08:55
Subject: Re: Battle stories from backing up Macintoshes and Novell NetWare 3.x?
From: "Dusedau, Stefan" <Stefan.Dusedau AT VIACOM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:08:55 -0400
With NetWare 3.x we had many issues that were all due to problems with
NetWare. They included things like TSR failures, system crashes and
never-ending backups. Most were resolved by newer levels of the Novell
modules. Once all of these were resolved the ADSM backups ran like clock
work. The never ending backup was caused by NetWare file services not being
able to handle a directory that had over 32k of entries. We are now at
NetWare 4.x and had none of the problems seen with 3.x.

Unfortunately I can not be more specific since I work the ADSM side and not
the Novell side.