ADSM-L

Battle stories from backing up Macintoshes and Novell Netware 3.x?

1999-06-01 08:40:06
Subject: Battle stories from backing up Macintoshes and Novell Netware 3.x?
From: John Dawson <jdawson AT TKG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:40:06 -0500
What experiences have people had using the Macintosh clients and Novell
Netware 3.x clients?  We're trying to convince this customer to try ADSM for
their backups, but they are concerned with these client types since my firm
doesn't often work with these platforms and don't know where the pitfalls
are.

Especially of interest is the Novell stuff; the customer has had difficulty
getting IPX and TCP/IP working at the same time.  How have other people
dealt with this?  Did they solve the IPX and TCP/IP conflict, or just use
IPX for ADSM backups?  Any gotchas?

Any info, or better yet, pointers to a reference account I could call, would
be incredibly helpful.

Thanks!

John Dawson
jdawson AT tkg DOT com