ADSM-L

Re: ADSM NT Client 3.1.06 error

1999-05-28 20:48:32
Subject: Re: ADSM NT Client 3.1.06 error
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 17:48:32 -0700
Hi Dan,

Can you check out the ..\ADSM\API directory and verify whether
dscameng.txt is there? If not, copy the dscameng.txt file from
..\ADSM\BACLIENT into the ..\ADSM\API directory, then try
dsmcutil again.

The latest fixtest for the Win32 client fixes this (among other
things) so that the message file is installed in the API
directory as well as the BACLIENT directory. The fixtest is
called IC22732Q2 and is located on our ftp site
index.storsys.ibm.com in the
/adsm/fixtest/v3r1/win32/intel directory. But the above
circumvention should also work.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hello all,
I am having a problem getting my NT Scheduler service to accept my
password.

I enter "dsmcutil install /name:"XXX XXX" /node:xxx /password:xxx".
The process churns for a bit display information.  I get the following
error:

Unable to locate/open NLS message repository.  Password Authentication
failed.

Anyone have a clue on resolving this?

Thanks,
Dan Laden