ADSM-L

Re: server to server comm method (2)

1999-05-28 18:03:23
Subject: Re: server to server comm method (2)
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 17:03:23 -0500
     Now ESCON is a communication protocol & so is TCP/IP... Now you can
     have an OSA adapter and have TCP/IP talking to it... then the OSA
     Adapter talks to MVS over ESCON channels...

     Now we did have ESCON cards for RS/6000's and worked with for a while
     (if I'm remembering correctly) pushing backups/archives from the
     RS/6000 (adsm client) to MVS (adsm server) across ESCON links... BUT
     this was with special commmethod within ADSM (as I seem to remember)

     That was a long time ago and I have NOT slept since then...

     later,
           Dwight