ADSM-L

Y2K tests on ADSM client

1999-05-27 15:11:01
Subject: Y2K tests on ADSM client
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 15:11:01 -0400
We have an ADSM server at level 2.1.2.20 running under MVS. One of its clients
is an HP-UX system that is being prepared for running Y2K tests. At the moment
the system clock on the HP-UX system is set to match the real date, but it
will presumably be altered at some point to make the system think it is near
or after the January 1, 2000. Is there any risk that connecting a client with
an artificially late system clock setting to our ADSM server will crash the
server or corrupt the ADSM database?