ADSM-L

Stuck without DRM

1999-05-27 10:56:28
Subject: Stuck without DRM
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 10:56:28 -0400
Hello there,

Yet once again I call upon the wisdom of this great ADSM group.  Thanks
for everything so far!  My server is 3.1.1.5 on AIX 4.2.1.

I have been assigned the task of changing our procedure of moving tapes
(STG POOL & DB) back and forth to our offsite location.  We used to use
DRM which was very nice, but now we must do without this useful
feature.  I am using a SQL statement to find out which STG POOL tapes
need to be returned, but I'm having trouble doing the same with DB
tapes.  I believe that DRM used a parameter which told it to make the
status of offsite DB tapes as courierretrieve after a certain amount of
days.  However, without DRM, I am not sure how to do this.  If I do a
del volhist todate=today-5 type=dbb, then the DB tapes offsite just
disappear and that makes it difficult to keep track of them.

I am sure that there are people managing offsite tapes without DRM.  If
somebody could send some ideas about AIX scripts or Macros they use
concerning bringing back DB tapes or any other step,  I would very much
appreciate it.  Thanks for your time!

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems