ADSM-L

Re: Long time for ADSM Start

1998-05-26 10:29:10
Subject: Re: Long time for ADSM Start
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:29:10 +0200
Hi Friedrich,

The time it takes to mount the recovery log volume is definately
related to the size of the recovery log.
On my WinNT servers it takes a few seconds - 5-10secs - to
mount the recovery log volumes. It is not a powerfull machine,
single processor Pentium2 - 266Mhz with 64M Ram.
The recovery log is 96M. If you are not using your database
in roll-forward mode you don't need a huge recovery log.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank
Johannesburg
South Africa

Hi ADSM Fans,
has anybody an idea why the Start of the ADSM Server with the message:
ANR0306I Recovery lig volume mount in progress.
lasts always about 7 CPU  Minutes on WinNT? On a virgin ADSM System too!

mit freudlichen Grüßen
Friedrich Springer

VOEST-ALPINE Stahl Linz GmbH
Abteilung FAI
Voest-Alpine Str 3
A-4031 Linz

Tel     0043-70-6585-8907
Fax    0043-70-6980-6221
mail    friedrich.springer AT voest.co DOT at