ADSM-L

Multiple ADSM Servers on one NT Server

1999-05-25 08:42:45
Subject: Multiple ADSM Servers on one NT Server
From: "Forgosh, Seth" <sforgosh AT TIAA-CREF DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:42:45 -0400
Has anyone tried to run two ADSM Servers on a single NT (Intel) server. We
are trying to plan for off-site recovery and would like to use
server-to-server communications to have a copy pool on an ADSM server that
resides in another state. This server also does nightly backups at that
site. We would like to have a second instance of ADSM (mirroring our primary
site configuration) setup, but not normally running, on this server. In case
of a disaster at out primary site, we would bring up the second ADSM server
and restore the DB from the copy pool and begin restoring data. Does this
sound doable? Thanks in advance for your input.
Seth Forgosh