ADSM-L

New Clients automatically Administrators Too with Level 2.20

1999-05-21 18:18:36
Subject: New Clients automatically Administrators Too with Level 2.20
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT NORWEST DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:18:36 -0500
Here's a good one.
Ever since we upgraded to Level 2.20 of V3 R1-MVS a couple of weeks ago,
every new client node that we register is also registered as an
Administrator.
Was this an intentional enhancement that comes with this release?
I don't know about some folks, but I would rather not have so many
administrators. Now, after I define a new client node, I pull down the
Administrator menu and delete the intruder from my Admin list. I plan to
automate this procedure in the near future, but I hope that IBM removes this
'enhancement' first, as having to do this is very annoying.
Those who have upgraded to Level 2.20 may want to check to make sure this
isn't happening to them, too.
Peter K. Glass
Distributed Storage Management
Norwest Services, Inc.