ADSM-L

Error connecting 3494 to an SP over T/R lan

1999-05-18 09:05:27
Subject: Error connecting 3494 to an SP over T/R lan
From: "Wm. Boyer" <wboyer AT DSSCORP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:05:27 -0400
I have a 4-way SP node that is connected via Ethernet. We have a T/R card
activated on the node that is running the ADSM server that is on the same
segment as the 3494 library. I followed the installation of the ATape and ATLDD
according to the manual and used the latest drivers available on the IBM site.
An lsdev -Cc tape shows the 2 drives and the library as 'Available'. When I try
and access the library using MTLIB, or ADSM I get an immediate error 'Library is
offline to the host'. There is no message id or anything associated with this
message. On my 3494 console, I show a LAN definition for this node CTSP_ADSM.

I can PING the 3494 address from the SP, and when I do a traceroute it shows
that it's going out my T/R interface, comming right back and no hops. We've had
our IBM CE looking at this, but he can't figure it out either. I opened an ETR
on this almost a week ago and have gotten no response from IBM on that.

Is there anyone on the list that has seen this error before and could lend us a
hand??

Thanks,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.