ADSM-L

API Client : Could not retrieve data cause the FS type is invalid

1999-05-17 11:17:02
Subject: API Client : Could not retrieve data cause the FS type is invalid
From: Adel Al amr/SAMA <a_amr AT SAMA-KSA DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:17:02 +0300
Hi,
I upgraded our tests system (AIX 4.1.5) from ADSM V2 to V3.1.2.20 and there
was no problems. We have our ADSM API client that archives and retrieves
data form the server.

We have tried to retrieve old data that was archived and it is succeed.
also archive new data. The problem is when we tried to retrieve the new
data we couldn't because it says that there is no file space with a xxxxx
name while it is there when I check form the server using "q filespace".

After investigation, we found the problem because the FS type is different.
It is the same filespace type but is starting with "API:". It is mentioned
in the README.API file.
Do we have to change our program to be aware of this changes? ... like
looking for "API:filespace type"
and If we did that What about the old data that was archived using ADSM V2
with FS type is still the old type?

Thanks in advance
        Adel