ADSM-L

Minimum administrative access on NT?

1999-05-14 14:29:09
Subject: Minimum administrative access on NT?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT NERSP.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:29:09 -0400
Greetings, all.

One of my tasks deals with extending our ADSM service to those on our campus
who might find it an effective solution.  One obstacle to this is the degree
of administrative privelege that the ADSM client needs on an NT box.

IBM support said that it needs full administrator access, and when I
questioned that they backed down to "well, that's what we'll guaruntee.  You
can do less, but we're not verifying that it will work"...

So, I turn to this forum; surely I'm not the first to have run across a desire
to extend backup service across administrative domains?  How have you all
solved NT backup service without complete security penetration?

Allen S. Rout