ADSM-L

Re: File retries in DSMSCHED.LOG

1999-05-14 01:47:27
Subject: Re: File retries in DSMSCHED.LOG
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 07:47:27 +0200
Hi  Julie,

If Administrator is logged onto the NT box, you won't be able to save his
profile and his registry in the fly.

NTUSER.DAT and some other  files are LOCKED by NT (not opened, locked)
and ADSM can not save them on the fly (Backup/exec, Arcserve can, but
...).

use BACKUPREGISTRY=YES in your dsm.opt file and/or the regback/regrest
commands in dsmc.

It is the same for WINS and DHCP databases. Either you close the NT
service
before saving the DBs and restart it after, of you rely on the
"NT-automatic-12-hours-saved-version" of the databases in
%systemroot%/system32/wins/win.bak

Herve

        jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM
        14/05/99 05:29