ADSM-L

Re: Users' Questions (pt 2)

1999-05-13 11:57:51
Subject: Re: Users' Questions (pt 2)
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:57:51 -0500
Wanda, Tom, you hit it right.  As the machine is behind a firewall, I
accepted the user's statement that the two machines had their clients were
installed the same way.  A trip to visit the machines revealed that he had
SET ACCESS on only one of the boxes.  Thanks for the clue.

At 11:23 AM 5/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
>To make FROMNODE work, the "nextmachine" client must first AUTHORIZE your
>user to have access to the "nextmachine" files.
>If that hasn't been done, you will ge the message "no files found".

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.
University of Chicago