ADSM-L

SELECT. How to list all tapes for a node.

1999-05-11 16:00:57
Subject: SELECT. How to list all tapes for a node.
From: "Mark Brown (CC Operations Supervisor)" <CCMB AT MUSICA.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:00:57 EDT
Hello,

Awhile ago I posted a similar message on how to use the SELECT sql
command to list ALL tapes for a NODE. I did get some responses and
I appreciate the responses I got. Like this example:

select volume_name from volumeusage where node_name='XXXXXX'

Now this command does come back with some volume names. For node XXXXXX
it came back telling me that there were 4 volumes. 2 tapes here onsite
and 2 tapes at an OFFSITE location.

MY PROBLEM here is that node XXXXXX has 12gigs of data on the server!!
The server is running on an OS/390 platform using 3490E tapes to
store data. How do I get 12 gigs of data onto 2 tapes!!!

Thanks for any help.

Thank You,
  Mark Brown, Operations Supervisor
  McGill University, Computing Centre