ADSM-L

'Direct' client support via a web browser - ADSM v3.1

1999-05-11 14:20:10
Subject: 'Direct' client support via a web browser - ADSM v3.1
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:20:10 -0400
>From an ADSM web broswer, once I connect to a ADSM server (login), can I
>connect to a client and directly view/maintain his
>client options (DSM.OPT).? how is this done??

As Kelly said, you'd have to access the PC via some tool like PC Anywhere.
Depending upon your facilities you might be able to take another approach,
where the "dsm.opt" name would be a symbolic link to a location where you
would mount an image of the file that was actually on a central server
with the control files for all other clients, thus allowing you to
administer the files more readily.
    Richard Sims, BU

"Think different."  - Apple