ADSM-L

Server Migration

1999-05-11 11:18:54
Subject: Server Migration
From: "Dr. Michael Bruewer" <bruewer AT UNI-HOHENHEIM DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:18:54 +0200
Hello,

I am thinking about migrating and maybe merging two ADSM-Servers running on AIX
on one new Solaris machine. Both have ~100 clients. Export/import node takes a
long time, so I am wondering if we should simply keep two server instances
running on the new machine. I know this works on AIX. Has anyone done this on
Solaris? Has anyone migrated a server to a different OS? And then, is it
possible to redefine the libraries and drives without losing information?
Should I check out all tapes before?

Thank you,

Michael Bruewer

----
Dr. Michael Br"uwer
Dr. Michael Br"uwer
RZ der Univ. Hohenheim     70593 Stuttgart
bruewer AT uni-hohenheim DOT de   www.uni-hohenheim.de/~bruewer
Fon: +49-711-459-3838      Fax: -3449
PGP Public Key:
   RSA: http://www.uni-hohenheim.de/~bruewer/pgpkey_V2