ADSM-L

Has anybody noticed that * and *.* is needed for restores etc...

1999-05-10 08:23:09
Subject: Has anybody noticed that * and *.* is needed for restores etc...
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:23:09 +0200
Hi,

I recently noticed that something which used to be a
"bug" in version2 (or maybe even in V1 ?), is popping
up again. We recently started restoring data by schedules
set up on the ADSM server. It involves the use of * and *.*
when doing a restore or sel backup. It used to be that if
you wanted everything backed up with a sel you had
to specify both masks - it was then changed to just
* - which would backup everything.

Does anyone know why this has changed back to
both masks being specified.

Thanks
Christo Heuer