ADSM-L

Re: SunSolaris and dlt7000 tape drives

1999-05-07 15:44:18
Subject: Re: SunSolaris and dlt7000 tape drives
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:44:18 -0400
On Fri, 7 May 1999, Barton Longacre wrote:
> How is your /usr/kernel/drv/mt.conf setup? I know we needed to apply a patch
> to modify the Sun 2.6 tapes command...patch 105867-01if I'm not mistaken.  If
> you don't have this, then you tend to receive an error with the add_drv
> command telling you the device did not attach.  We're using an stk9714
> attached to a ultra 5 running 2.6

You should probably also remove those tape's target id's from
/kernel/drv/st.conf, so that Sun's drivers do not create entries in
/dev/rmt too.

...and that patch number is correct:

Patch-ID# 105867-01
Date: Feb/10/98

Solaris Release: 2.6

SunOS Release: 5.6

Unbundled Product:

Unbundled Release:

Topic: SunOS 5.6: /usr/sbin/tapes patch

BugId's fixed with this patch: 4100165

Changes incorporated in this version:

Relevant Architectures: sparc

Patches accumulated and obsoleted by this patch:

Patches which conflict with this patch:

Patches required with this patch:

Obsoleted by:

Files included with this patch:

/usr/sbin/tapes

Problem Description:

4100165 tapes command is different in 2.6 from earlier behavior

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,