ADSM-L

No Include/Exclude command line option with v3 client???

1999-05-07 11:16:21
Subject: No Include/Exclude command line option with v3 client???
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 16:16:21 +0100
Hello,

a customer tried to run the following command on his NT server with an ADSM
client (version 3.1.0.6, the ADSM server is an IBM RS/6000 H50 with ADSM
3.1.2.20):

dsmc inc -include=C:\...\*

But instead of backing up all files on drive C: he got an error message
"ANS1108E Invalid option (-INCLUDE) for the INCREMENTAL command".... I
couldn't believe that but I've tried it myself. It does not work!

Is this a bug or a feature??? Can I no longer override the exclude/include
list in the option file with an command line option?? Or do I have to do it
in a different way??

I've just looked into my IBM E&T student material (ADSM Planning and
Implementation, Course SS50) and on page 3-45 it says:
"Incremental backup processing will check the exclude/include list in the
configuration options file unless OVERRIDDEN BY AN EXPLICIT EXCLUDE OR
INCLUDE OPTION ON THE COMMAND LINE."
IBM, please help!

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
CompuNet Kiel
System Engineering
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: ++49-431/3609-117, Fax: ++49-431/3609-190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com