ADSM-L

Re: ODBC ont prompting for userid/password

2015-10-04 17:43:35
Subject: Re: ODBC ont prompting for userid/password
From: Dirk Kastens [mailto:Dirk.Kastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE]=20
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU=20
At 15:24 06.05.99 +0200, Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:
>Hi ADSM-ers!
>I'm trying the ADSM ODBC interface. I configured the ODBC data source
>through the control panel.
>I then try to create a query. I select the ADSM Data Resource I created =
but
>then I'm again prompted for the ADSM ODBC setup parameters. When I fill
>these (Server Name, Server Address and Port) again I receive a General =
ODBC
>Error. This is because it tries to connect to ADSM without a
>userid/password. I expect to be prompted for a userid/password at this
>stage, but it doesn't.
>What am I doing wrong?

First, create a system DSN through the control panel.
What I'm doing in Access is to create links to the ADSM tables through
the tables menue
(File -> External data -> Link tabels, select ODBC database as file type).
Then I select the created system DSN as a computer data source (don't
know the exact term because I use a German version). Then I'm prompted
for a ADSM userid and password. I only have to give it once for each
session.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT uos DOT de=20
Universitaet Osnabrueck       Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28
D-49069 Osnabrueck
Germany