ADSM-L

Re: Hardware Poll

1999-05-05 14:01:43
Subject: Re: Hardware Poll
From: "Morlier, John" <jmmorlier AT AVONDALE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:01:43 -0500
We backup about 4 gigabytes a night from 7 NT clients and one AIX platform.
It takes from 4 to 4.5 hours. Our full client backup of these same 8 clients
backs up 37 gigabytes in about 12.5 hours.  The 37 gigabytes of data is
compressed by ADSM and by IDRC at the cart controller.  These 37 gigabytes
of backed up data reside on about 100 3490 carts and  uses 654 MB of ADSM
database space which resides on 1010 cylinders of mainframe 3380 disk.
John

John Morlier
Manager of Technical Services and Operations Support
, Integrated Product Data Environment

Avondale Industries, Inc.
IPDE Technology Division

%   Voice: (504) 436-5213
*  Fax:  (504) 437-5534
):    Email:  jmmorlier AT avondale DOT com <kgmyers AT avondale DOT com>