ADSM-L

Re: R: Backup of disk images

1999-05-05 10:27:18
Subject: Re: R: Backup of disk images
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 11:27:18 -0300
Actually it's OS/2 based but only for Intel platforms none the less. I tried
it on a machine that I could Ghost in about 15 minutes (15 minutes to upload
the image to a Netware server, 15 minutes to restore). It took ADSM 1 hour
to upload the image and another hour to download it.

We figured it would just be better to Ghost the necessary machines and have
a bootable floppy that will connect to the network and retrieve the image
(all from a single floppy/batch file instead of 3 to 4 disks with the ADSM
solution) in case of a disaster.