ADSM-L

Re: STK - 9840 TapeDrive

1999-05-05 02:30:47
Subject: Re: STK - 9840 TapeDrive
From: Herve Chibois <Herve.Chibois AT FR.ABNAMRO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 08:30:47 +0200
Hi

ADSM 3.1.2.20
AIX 4.2.1 on SP Node
STK 9740 w/ 3* DLT7000

We bougth a STK 9740 a few months ago and hesitated for the drives.
Under AIX, DLT7000 drives are supported with the last devices.scsi.tape
fileset. 3 months ago, the driver for 9840 drives for ADSM was not
created
by IBM. It is an OMI driver and you must pay for it. Moreover prices are
VERY
expensive.

Ok, 9840 have better performances than DLT7000 (nearly those of a
Magstar)
drives but cartridges are far more expensive. RS/6000 can handle both DLT
and 9840, MVS system can not support DLT drives. So ??

Herve

        uwe.schoenacher @ LZB-BAYERN.BUNDESBANK.DE
        04/05/99 12:39