ADSM-L

Re: Storage Volume question

1999-05-04 11:55:42
Subject: Re: Storage Volume question
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:55:42 -0400
Q VOL is for listing the volumes in a storage pool(s).
Q LIBVOL is for listing the contents of a library.

"QUERY VOL" lists any storage pool volumes, which is usually any volumes
that have data on them or any volumes that have been defined to a storage
pool (does not include DB backup tapes)

"QUERY LIBVOL" lists all volumes checked into your library, which may
include tapes that are not part of a storage pool.

So in my case (I have a tape robot):

"QUERY VOL" lists all my disk pool volumes and my tape storage pool volumes,
but not my scratch tapes or DB backup tapes.

"QUERY LIBVOL" lists all the tapes that are checked into my tape robot,
which includes the scratch tapes in the robot, but doesn't include the
storage pool tapes that have been checked out and sent to the vault.

Hope that helps!
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert