ADSM-L

Re: Problem installing NT baclient

1999-05-04 09:03:46
Subject: Re: Problem installing NT baclient
From: fx <fx AT AXA-FRANCEASSURANCE DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 15:03:46 +0200

 looks like a problem with install shield i often meet with nt sp4,
not only with the adsm win32 client. the setup hangs between the beginning
and the third step. often caused by a hang / crash of the 16bit windows nt
subsystem.

 if you wait a variable time (between 10 mn and one hour), the setup
finaly goes on as normal.

 try 1) killing the setup task, wowexec & ntvdm.exe or 2) reboot, it's often
enough for everything getting back to normality.

 fx

---
fx AT axa-franceassurance DOT fr | Three things are certain:
fx AT axa-franceassurance DOT fr | Three things are certain:
networking & system stuff | Death, taxes and lost data
  Axa France Assurances   | Guess which has occurred.