ADSM-L

Stale NFS handle on LOCAL drive????

1999-05-04 07:49:33
Subject: Stale NFS handle on LOCAL drive????
From: Geetam Van Der Dussen <geetam AT SCOTPROV.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 12:49:33 +0100
Sean

I have seen this error message before, on an HP-UX client, backup up only
local file systems. At the time we had severe perfomance problems on the
machine. It went away when the machine was running 'normal' again. I
believe it is a very confusion error message, triggered by a time-out.

Regards
     Geetam

> Date:    Mon, 3 May 1999 14:04:42 -0700
> From:    Sean Stecker <Stecker.Sean AT ORBITAL-LSG DOT COM>
> Subject: Stale NFS handle on LOCAL drive????
>

> All,
>
> We have local drives on a Sun server configured as a RAID 5 Meta device.
> We receive the message "stale NFS handler" when trying to back up one of
> this drive.  And yes, the local drives are included in the domain
> statement.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this annoying
> message that gives this session a failure?  Thanks for the help.
>
> Sean M. Stecker

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is confidential and for the use only
of the intended recipient.  If you receive the message in error you are not
entitled to disseminate, copy or use the contents in any way.  In such
circumstances please forward the message back to the sender or contact
Scottish Provident Institution by telephone on 0131 556 9181.