ADSM-L

Re: WinNT clients on ADSM server 3.1.2.0

1999-05-04 06:56:12
Subject: Re: WinNT clients on ADSM server 3.1.2.0
From: Leo Humar <lhumar AT VIC.BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 20:56:12 +1000
G'day Tom,

We have two services installed on our NT network servers. We copied the
baclient directory modified the dsm.opt file to change the node name and
then we installed the scheduler with "dsmcutil inst  /name:new_schedule
/node:earth  /password:passxxx /clientdir:c:\new_directory
/optfile:c:\new_directory\optfile "

Check  your dsmcutil installation with dsmcutil Q /name:new_schedule.

Then you can change the option files in these directories and split up the
file spaces. We use this to run one service for the daily incremental backup
and the other schedule does a monthly incremental backup with a management
class set to keep 24 versions for a two year period.

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT vic.bigpond.net DOT au

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large