ADSM-L

Re: WinNT clients on ADSM server 3.1.2.0

1999-05-03 15:21:22
Subject: Re: WinNT clients on ADSM server 3.1.2.0
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 12:21:22 -0700
> 2. Do I install the Scheduler service for each node name.. and just reply
the nodename prompt during the install fo the service?

Use the /OPTFILE:optfilename option when you install the scheduler service

I queried the list last week to find out how to run multiple, simultaneous
scheduled backups via the scheduler and wasn't able to find a way to do it.
I can setup multiple scheduled backups, but when I try to run them at the
same time, the second scheduler service tries to launch the first schedule
that was already started.

I believe using multiple nodenames for your schedulers would also work - but
that wasn't acceptable for my customer.  So I have them using the NT AT
command to launch multiple, nightly backup streams.

If you find another way please let me know.

Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Joshua Bassi                          E-mail:        jbassi AT gloryworks DOT
com
Storage Management Team Lead          Cellular/VM:   (408) 836-7147
Dickens Services Group                Internet:      www.TeamDSG.com