ADSM-L

Backup of NT-Files for which Administrator does not have R/W rights

1999-05-03 06:58:45
Subject: Backup of NT-Files for which Administrator does not have R/W rights
From: Reinhold Wagner <rwagner AT ZEUNASTAERKER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 12:58:45 +0200
Hi folks,

sorry for posting this question again, but it's very important for me to know an
answer (ADSM is competing against Veritas' NetBackup and I don't like to see if
ADSM is loosing).

Imagine that a user withdraws administrator read/write rights from his own files
(so that
he allone is the only user who has any rights to his files). Does ADSM backup
and restore thos files or not? I think a professional backup tools like ADSM
should
do so but what is the reality?

TIA

Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG