ADSM-L

Re: SQL Connect Agent Ideal

1999-04-29 15:56:17
Subject: Re: SQL Connect Agent Ideal
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:56:17 -0400
Nathan,

No.  There is no way to "EXCLUDE" a database from the
"/ADSMAUTODELETE" function.
One possible way to "keep" old backups would be
to rename the filespace.  Remember, for the SQL Agent,
each database gets its own filespace (servername.dbname)
Other than that, you could use a different nodename
for the "special" databases and have a different
"/ADSMAUTODELETE:nnn" value for deletions or
even have none at all if you never want them to expire.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

I am running SQL Connect Agents in my mixed SQL 6.5 / 7.0 environment, on