ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Strange Error Deleting a Disk Volume

1999-04-28 09:49:56
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Strange Error Deleting a Disk Volume
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:49:56 -0400
Well IBM, the cats out of the bag now!

I tried this on a test server --

adsm> help audit
AUDIT Commands

Use the AUDIT commands to review or examine the adequacy of the database
information and the storage pool volume.

The following is a list of AUDIT commands for ADSM:

     AUDIT LICENSES (Audit Server Storage Usage)
     AUDIT VOLUME (Verify Database Information for a Storage Pool Volume)

adsm> help audit db
ANR2306E No help text could be found for this command/subcommand: AUDIT DB.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

But then i tried the command in Trevor's note --

adsm> audit db
AUDIT DB PARTITION=ALL started as process 1.
ANS8003I Process number 1 started.

adsm> q proc

 Process Process Description  Status
  Number
       1 AUDIT DB             Audited 70202 records
       1 AUDIT DB             Audited 70202 records
          PARTITION=ALL

I think it would be best if you put out some documentation now
with appropriate caveats and warnings before anyone burns their
fingers playing with this match.

--