ADSM-L

Re: Exabyte 210 & Mammoth drives

1999-04-27 10:29:55
Subject: Re: Exabyte 210 & Mammoth drives
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:29:55 -0500
Abeid,

We are running ADSM/NT V3.1.1.3 with Exabyte 220 and 210 libraries using Mammoth
drives.  They are supported at that level (and I assume higher levels, as well,
but I haven't specifically looked).

I don't know if you already have these drives/libraries or not.  If you haven't
committed to them yet, you might want to look around a little.  We're pretty
happy with the Mammoth drive speed and their capacity but are very unhappy with
their reliability.  We probably push them pretty hard  but we get a drive
failure that is not resolvable with Exabyte cleaning tapes about once per week.
And, most of them are less than a year old.  The key is probably the quantity of
data you'll be pushing through them.

Good luck,

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

Abeid Hamad Al-Habsy <abeid.ahh.habsy AT PDO.CO DOT OM> on 04/27/99 03:10:48 AM