ADSM-L

Incremental won't grab files, Digital UNIX V3.1.0.6

1999-04-22 12:11:23
Subject: Incremental won't grab files, Digital UNIX V3.1.0.6
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:11:23 -0600
Hello,

I have a Digital UNIX Client, V3.1.0.6 backing up to a Solaris ADSM Server
V.3.2.20.

This is an ASE environment, so the mount points vary from system to system.  In
our case all of them are on a single system.

I have specified the domain statement in the dsm.sys file to include the
filesystems I wish to backup.  These are broken into stanzas appropriate for
the two systems running the backup.  For those who know this environment, this
has been done correctly.  For those that don't a discussion of NT clusters and
the way that works is similar to this.

In the case of all the domains as specified, an incremental is not backing up
files.  If I include a sudir yes option in the appropriate dsm.opt file, files
are not backed up either, but I get messages "x files processed".

For some of the file systems, I can get a backup if I include a / at the end of
the mount point, for instance instead of

/var/ase/mnt/phufsb/apps/COMMON

I use

/var/ase/mnt/phufsb/apps/COMMON/

it works!  Problem solved, right?  NOT.  For some other file systems, the
incremental command generates an ANS4014E, Internal error encountered when the
/ is applied as above.

Weird.  Any ideas?

Kelly Lipp
SSSI

PS You know things are real bad when I'm fooling with the UNIX!