ADSM-L

event disabling

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Subject: event disabling
From: Jeff Heather [mailto:Jeff_Heather AT IDG DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
2 quick disable event questions:
(3.1.1.3 server on NT 4)

1)  My NT servers' Application Event Logs are being overrun with ADSM
informational events.  As far as I can tell I should be able to disable
informational events from being logged using the following command:

     DISAble EVents NTEVENTLOG info nodename=*

However, when I run this command I am promptly informed that the variable
NTEVENTLOG is an invalid receiver.

2)  I am fairly new with ADSM so I check thru my server activity log daily.
I would really like to get rid of all the "session started" (ANR0406I) and
"session ended" (ANR0403I) events.  Again, as far as I can tell I should be
able to disable these events with the following command:

     DISAble EVents actlog anr0403I,anr0406I nodename=*

When I run this command I am told that I am trying to pass an invalid event
or event class.

What am I doing wrong?