ADSM-L

Re: Backups of DEVICE CONFIG data and VOLUME HIST data

1999-04-22 03:05:48
Subject: Re: Backups of DEVICE CONFIG data and VOLUME HIST data
From: "H.G.Borrmann" <borrmann AT IBM1.RUF.UNI-FREIBURG DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:05:48 +0200
Hello,

>      OR you may just start an admin session from any client and do...
>
>      dsmadmc -serv=blah -id=blah -pass=blah q devc f=d </dev/null
>         >/path/file
>
>      and the same for the volhist basically...
>
>      either way....

I wouldn't do that on any client, only on clients where I am shure that
no one else has access (but who knows that). The reason is that this
command is written to your shell history file, I assume a Unix client.
So the password is for some time in clear text in a file.

|H.G.Borrmann                           |Tel.: (0761) 203-4652            |
|Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg|Fax:  (0761) 203-4643            |
|Hermann-Herder-Str. 10                 |email:                           |