ADSM-L

Re: Internal error LOGSEG871

1999-04-21 11:02:57
Subject: Re: Internal error LOGSEG871
From: Wojciech Czubek <nubu8 AT MERLIN.LONDON.WAII DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:02:57 +0100
Well it looks like I have started a really heated discussion on recovery log.

In theory I agree with Richard but in practice I agree with Steve.
It's really dreadful when the first thing you see when you come in
is LOGSEG871 error every couple of weeks or so.

Then users/management may start to think that adsm is rather unreliable product
or even worse.

Also I think a lot depends on the size of your db and number of objects
adsm has to go through. Eg: I start my backup at 5pm and it finishes about 9:30
am.
So I can't really schedule anything for 11 pm.
For small databases rollforward mode is definetly recommended,
but for big ones I'm not so sure.

Greetings

Wojtek
Western Geo