ADSM-L

Digital Unix Client 3.1.0.6 pursuing symbolic links

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Subject: Digital Unix Client 3.1.0.6 pursuing symbolic links
From: Kelly J. Lipp [mailto:lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Folks,

I've seen a couple of problems with the Digital UNIX client that I would
like comments on:

1. In the dsm.sys file, the option followsymbolic no does not appear to
work.  When dsmc starts, we're getting the much dreaded "illegal option"
error.  -foll=no works fine on the command line.

2. On the systems here, we are seeing the client attempt to pursue a
symbolic link created by the automounter.  It is our thought this should not
occur.  We've applied the -foll=no on the dsmc line when starting the client
to no avail.  This is happening consistently on multiple clients.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly Lipp
SSSI