ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.6 and ADSM Client V3.1.0.6

2015-10-04 17:44:49
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.6 and ADSM Client V3.1.0.6
From: Robert Cross [SMTP:Robert.Cross AT SCOTTISH-NEWCASTLE.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
lipp AT storsol DOT com wrote:
>We've successfully built an rc3 script to start the scheduler on a reboot.
>What we haven't been able to do is get the scheduler started without
rebooting.
>Any ideas?  Our rc3.d command is:

>/opt/IBMadsm-c/dsmc sched > /dev/null | &

I tried putting a similar script into rc2.d and it didn't work to well, (never
figured out why). So
I eventually did as IBM suggest and patched the following line into /etc/inittab
 adsm::once:/usr/bin/dsmc sched >> /tmp/adsm.log 2>&1

This seems to work fine for us - not much help I know! I would have thought
that it would have
been better to have it respawn-able and only active at level 2 and above.

Regards

Robert Cross, Scottish & Newcastle plc.