ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:44:49
     OK, so a shared system might be able to perform a
     mtlib -l/dev/lmcp# -qI
     and get a list of all volumes within the ATL BUT unless you have
     inserted volumes and just left them with the insert category "FF00"
     they won't be able to check them into their system... the library
     manager will tell them they are already in use...

     They would maybe by chance be able to force change a category and
     screw things up...

     I believe this boils down to a case of "have to trust them"

Subject: sharing 3494
Author:  roger.hohmann (roger_hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE) at unix,mime
Date:    4/19/99 5:59 AM

Am I able to share the 3494 between multiple systems and DENY access to
volumes of different servers, even if all systems are able to access the
mtlib cmd?

I know I have to use different categories, but I want to share my 3494
with another company, so I have to control that they are definitively
not able to mount my tapes.

Any Ideas?

Regards

Roger