ADSM-L

Tape Bad - Now what?

1999-04-19 09:34:02
Subject: Tape Bad - Now what?
From: Adam Slesinger <aslesinger AT US.BNSMC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:34:02 -0400
Hello,

During reclamation of our tape copy pool over the weekend, there were
many I/O errors with a tape.  The messages said that it was a media
fault for the volume, 000143. My question is "What do I do next?" Should
I try and move the data to another volume? Should I do an audit of the
volume first?  Or perhaps, is there a way to mark the data on that tape
as destroyed and have ADSM copy the corresponding data from the primary
tape pool to a new volume in the copypool?

Thanks for any direction on this!

adam
Adam Slesinger
Corporate Information Systems