ADSM-L

Re: SQL Agent Restore

1999-04-14 16:10:38
Subject: Re: SQL Agent Restore
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:10:38 -0400
Stephanie,

This error happens when you try to restore a transaction log
to the wrong database.  In most cases this is when
you restore the transaction log backup BEFORE restoring
the correct database backup or to the wrong database backup.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM ADSM Agent Development
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

We have installed ADSM SQL Server Agent, and actually, we run  every
week end, a full backup of every DB, and every day of the week, we make an
incremental backup of databases.

We had a problem on one database. We restored the last full backup, no
problem.
But when trying to restore the incremental backup, we had the following=

message:

ACO3028E : Error SQL Server Encountered DB-LIB message: The specified file
\\.\pipe\sqladsm\1999112103\2700 has not a correct sequence number. The=

current time stamp is April 9th 19995:28 PM and it was April 12 1999 6:04
PM in the backup?

And the restor failed

Has anybody an idea of the problem ?
We think perhaps we don't use the right option in the adsm sql backup
command for the full or incremental backup.

Is there any recommandation for these options, ( I think of the truncat=
e of
the log or not ) ?

Thanks for your help

Cordially