ADSM-L

I: Lotus Notes Agent V2.1.9 Concerns

1999-04-14 12:08:27
Subject: I: Lotus Notes Agent V2.1.9 Concerns
From: Rick Smith <richard.smith.hs45 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:08:27 -0500
ADSMer's,

I still have some concerns with V2.1.9 (PTF3) of the Notes Connect Agent.
I cannot get the Silent setup to work at all.  The only theory I have on
this is that when you start the install you get a prompt asking you if you
are sure you want to install a try and buy product.  I don't know if the
response to this question is captured in the response file.  Also along the
same lines, should that pop up message appear.  I'm installing this fix
over a licensed copy of the connect agent.  This message is very deceiving.
Also in certain cases, I'm seeing that a backup with -full=yes specified
that backups take longer than the first incremental taken.  It backs up the
same amount of documents and data... Why??

The newest concern I have has to due with the options file... Is SUBDIR
YES a valid entry.  I noticed that I don't get any sub-directories unless I
specify them explicitly.  However, if I specify -subdir=yes on the command
line, or in the command file, it works fine.  I really need to hear from
IBM on this one.  The people that be need to know if this is a bug or if
this just isn't a valid entry in the options file.  The documentation on
what is and what isn't valid in the Notes option file is not very clear.

Thanks in advance,

Rick