ADSM-L

Management Classes

1999-04-13 16:35:45
Subject: Management Classes
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:35:45 -0400
Is anyone getting this?

Okay, I am having a real problem with management classes. I have setup a
Policy Set that includes 3 management classes, DRMMC, SERVER, and XCHGMC.
The default management class is SERVER. If I do a dsmc query mgmtclass on
the client it confirms this:

Session established with server ADSM-01: Windows NT
  Server Version 3, Release 1, Level 2.20
  Server date/time: 04/13/1999 10:46:44  Last access: 04/13/1999 10:44:25

Domain Name               : SERVER
Activated Policy Set Name : SERVER
Activation date/time      : 04/09/1999 08:53:14
Default Mgmt Class Name   : SERVER
Grace Period Backup Retn. : 30 day(s)
Grace Period Archive Retn.: 365 day(s)

MgmtClass Name                  : DRMMC
Description                     :

MgmtClass Name                  : SERVER
Description                     :

MgmtClass Name                  : XCHGMC
Description                     :

Okay now when I try and do an incremental backup on the client it fails with
a server is out of storage message. This is because it is trying to go to
DRMMC management class and I do not have any volumes assigned to it right
now. It should be going to SERVER. I've even tried adding INCLUDE * SERVER
in the dsm.opt file but it just ignores it. Is this a problem with the ptf6
client or am I missing something...

This is what I get on the server when I do a dsmc i on the client.

ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 2329 for node ADSM-01 (WinNT) - no
space available in storage pool DRMPOOL and all successor pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 2329 for node ADSM-01 (WinNT) - no
space available in storage pool DRMPOOL and all successor pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 2329 for node ADSM-01 (WinNT) - no
space available in storage pool DRMPOOL and all successor pools.
ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 2329 for node ADSM-01 (WinNT) - no
space available in storage pool DRMPOOL and all successor pools.

HELP!

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.
100 Park Avenue