ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Connect Agent Restore Performance

1999-04-13 15:13:56
Subject: Re: Exchange Connect Agent Restore Performance
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:13:56 -0400
I am interested in seeing the response you get to this note, as we have a
similar setup.  We have restored a 5 Gb Exchange IS in as little as 30
minutes, and as much as 38 HOURS.

We finally found a conflict in the network connection to the ADSM server to
be the problem.  I 'm not a network "guy", but it had something to do with
duplexing being set differently on the RISC box than it was on the
network/port definition.  This conflict caused problems when the ADSM server
was sending the data only, not receiving.  We found the problem by FTPing a
file of similar size from the ADSM server to the NT server, eliminating the
ADSM client and server code from the equation.