ADSM-L

Re: Command Line Restore on NT Client

1999-04-13 07:53:12
Subject: Re: Command Line Restore on NT Client
From: Brenda Collins <brenda.collins.h64a AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 06:53:12 -0500
Try: restore -INA -TODate=mm/dd/yyyy

I believe you need slashes vs. hyphens.

From: O1=INET00/C=US/A=IBMX400/P=STATEFARM/DD.RFC-822=ADSM-L\@VM.MARIST.EDU
on 04/13/99 06:17:02 AM
To:   ADSM-L
cc:
Subject:  Command Line Restore on NT Client

Good-day all

I need to do point in time restore of a complete directory on an NT client.
We have ADSM version 2.1.0.6 of the client running on an NT server 4 (SP3)

The GUI on that client does not allow for any entry of 'from_date' or
'to_date'. (I only see the ability to view active or active & Inactive
files)

So - I tried the command line for a restore. Reading  the help I see the
use
of -TODate=dd-mm-yyy.

My command line was    dsmc>  restore -Inactive -TODate=05-04-1999
i:\common\.....\......\......\*.*

The reply I get is :  error - bad option or value '-TODate=05-04-1999'

I am using the correct dd-mm-yyyy as specified by DATEFORMAT. I have tried
putting the options AFTER the path to restore and tried all combinations of
dd-mm-yyyy mm-dd-yyyy etc.  I have used quotes both single & double!! .
Still no joy.

Any one have a useful hint for a command-line restore on a Version 2 NT
Client?

Thanks

Grant Cohn
Shell & BP Refinery