ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:44:48
Leo,

Thanks for the info...

 (Embedded
 image moved   Leo Humar <lhumar AT VIC.BIGPOND.NET DOT AU>
 to file:      04/13/99 05:01 AM
 pic13456.pcx)

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Bob Barden/AAL)
Subject:  Fw: TCPFLUSH ERROR

>Hi Bob
>
>I received this note from our IBM support when we had some of our
problems.
>We also reduced the amount of nodes that backup at the same time to
relieve
>the server.
>
>TcpRead: Error 10054 is returned to ADSM from the NT TCP/IP stack.
>
>      The mircosoft doc and errno.h files state that an error 10054 is a
>
>      TCP/IP CONNECTION DROPPED.

      Typically this happens when one of the TCP/IP stacks could not handle

      the volume or the size of the incoming data and just disconnected the

      TCP/IP session.  So we are most likely looking at a networking
      problem
      rather than an ADSM problem.

      This problem may be resolved by reducing the ADSM client
      tcpwindowsize
      and or tcpbuffersize to a size that the NT machine can handle.
      Also look at the WIN NT TCP send/receive buffsize.  Also look at the
     Win NT mtu size to make sure that it is compatible/comaprable with the
     the mtu size in the routers

Sorry I left the good bits out