ADSM-L

Re: Mystery of the vanishing tapes...

1999-04-12 21:46:42
Subject: Re: Mystery of the vanishing tapes...
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:46:42 -0600
Scott...

A puzzler

You may want to try a 'q ac search=<volser>' bracketing the time you know for
sure
that the volume in a drmedia in vault state and when it is known to disappear
and
just see if there is any record (in case you haven;t already tried that).

You might also want to try scheduling an admin command 'q volh t=dbb' and
another 'q
drm t=dbb' to run hourly for a week.  Give the schedules unique names (mystery1
&
mystery2) then run 'q ac begind=-7 search=mystery' dumping the output to a file.
Then use those to track the states relatively thoroughly throughout the time.
The
output of those commands should not contribute greatly to the actlog size.

Cheers...
Bruce

--
Bruce Elrick, Ph.D.