ADSM-L

Re: OnBar Parameter BAR_NB_XPORT_COUNT

1999-04-12 13:59:30
Subject: Re: OnBar Parameter BAR_NB_XPORT_COUNT
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:59:30 -0400
John,

This does clarify the meaning of the numbers.  If I understand it correctly,
then each of BAR_NB_XPORT_COUNT (10 by default) seizes 62KB of Informix
buffer space (or a default total of 620 KB)????

The problem (or opportunity, for an optimist) is that my current OnBar/ADSM
backup (doing OnBar -b -w -L 0) gets about 7.5 -- 8 G/hr and I can't get a
good handle on how close to 'good' this is and where the bottleneck is
(Informix proper, OnBar, ADSM client, or ADSM server).  To the best of my
knowledge, I've applied all the tuning hints I can find for the pieces, but
I can't measure the contribution of the various components.  One of the
items I would like to find is an XBSA stub that simply returns, so that I
could point OnBar to it and see how long a backup takes (this would at least
tell me the OnBar/Informix component).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Doug